axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why the operation name gets lost for document/literal binding
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:46:07 GMT
If you use the "WRAPPED" style with document/literal, then you don't
lose the operation name. Essentially, the "WRAPPED" style wraps the
input message with an element that has the same name as the operation.

When you use document/literal, your schema specifies the contents of
the SOAP body. Therefore, if you don't wrap the input message with the
operation name, then there's no way to include the operation in the
message. That's why the best choice is always "wrapped" style.

See my blog entry on the wrapped style for more information:
http://atmanes.blogspot.com/2005/03/wrapped-documentliteral-convention.html.

Anne