axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URI for "basic" java types
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:32:21 GMT
It's not newer or older URIs -- one refers to xsd:string, the other
refers to soapenc:string. They are different types (soapenc:string is
nillable; xsd:string isn't nillable unless you specifically state that
it is). Per the SOAP spec, RPC/encoded messages "should" use
soapenc:string, but the interpretation of the spec is less than
perfect. Most systems use xsd:string instead. In this case, Sun
JAX-RPC is expecting xsd:string, but Axis is sending a soapenc:string.

There's a fix for Axis to make it use xsd:string instead.

Anne