axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: Reduce XML data transfer
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:53:59 GMT
This is a function of XML. You just have to deal with it. Your message
must include the full namespace URIs in the namespace declarations --
they are in fact defining aliases. These namespace declarations (e.g.,
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope") permit you
to specify "soapenv" rather than
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" later in the message.

There is no way to avoid it.

If these few extra bytes are a real problem for you, then you should
try using a binary protocol rather than an XML protocol. But I can't
think why this would be a real problem for you. Even a tiny device
shouldn't have an issue with the extra bytes (working on the
assumption that the device supports XML). Network bandwidth is now
vitually free.

Anne