axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overloading on Axis 1.1 vs. 1.2
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:42:40 GMT
The SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1 specifications allow method overloading. I
just looked through the SOAP 1.2 specification, and it also appears to
allow method overloading. WSDL 2.0 disallows method overloading. The
WS-I Basic Profile also disallows method overloading.

Axis 1.2 should support method overloading. If it doesn't it's a bug.
But you shouldn't do it.

Anne