axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: communication styles issue
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:15:02 GMT
James,

If you want to use JAXM, then you can't use Axis. As I said, Axis
doesn't support it. If you want to use a messaging style interface
with Axis, you must use Axis "message" style.

You should use JAXM or the Axis "message" style if your application is
manipulating XML programmatically using DOM. (It doesn't support SAX
or XML as strings.)

You don't use wsdl2java when using the JAXM or "message" style
programming interface. These messaging style interfaces aren't
WSDL-aware. Your application is responsible for constructing the SOAP
Body contents as a DOM, then it uses the messaging API to construct
the SOAP message frame, then it adds the Body contents, then it uses
the messaging API to send the message.

Anne