axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webservice client
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:19:29 GMT
The service is defined as document/literal, therefore that's how you
must encode the messages. But you can still "invoke" it using an RPC
style -- at least from your application's perspective. This WSDL
conforms to the "wrapped" convention, so Axis allows you to invoke it
using an RPC programming style.

The right way to do that is to use WSDL2Java to generate a client
proxy stub and to invoke methods on the stub. Because the service uses
anyType, you also need to define custom deserializers.

What exactly are you looking to do?

Anne

On 6/2/05, Ravi Krishnamurthy <ravik@savvion.com> wrote:
> Hello:
> I 'm a newbie to Axis. Was looking into the following wsdl:
> http://www.atomic-x.com/xmlservices/dnslookupservice.asmx?wsdl
>
> Was able to use WSDL2JAVA from Axis to generate the stubs and hence invoke the
> webservice.
>
> Wondering is there any other way to invoke the webservice successfully
> instead of using WSDL2JAVA. The webservices has datatypes that could be complex types
and would like to invoke RPC as well as Document style.