axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jack_Emmeri...@eFunds.Com
Subject Re: Cannot install Axis - Pls. help.
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:16:33 GMT
To all:

As a comment, I recently posted a similar "This isn't working" query which
was general enough the it received no replies.  I ended up removing all
versions of Java on my machine (about 6 I think) except the one I need to
use with MyEclipse, removed all Java applications that I no longer used,
and completely removed the classpath variable.  When that still didn't
work, I removed and reinstalled Tomcat and Axis, and lo and behold,
everything started working just fine.

I'm pretty sure I had significant version conflict problems, various
duplicate copies of JARs, and all the good stuff.  Cleanup and try again
with a minimum Java installation seems to be a good approach to a whole
host of messy Java problems, and maybe that's one of the most reasonable
suggestions you can offer.

JFE.

                      "Jeff"

                      <jeff@cogentlogic        To:       <axis-user@ws.apache.org>

                      .com>                    cc:       (bcc: Jack Emmerichs/MKE/eFunds)

                                               Subject:  Re: Cannot install Axis - Pls. help.

                      06/08/2005 12:36

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

Good for you, Gila.

This sort of thing happens far too often and far too often we don't really
have a good account of the original problem, we are just so pleased to get
things going.

Jeff