axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ephemeris Lappis" <ephemeris.lap...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Different Services with the same Port-Name
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:11:29 GMT
Hello.

I'm not a true expert, so a confirmation from an axis and web services guru
is welcome.

If i'm not mistaken, the service port is used to map a web service on the
transport. I suppose in your case it mean the HTTP transport, and logically
the servlet that will handle requests and dispatch them to your service. For
this reason, only one port can be associated, mapped to a given URL that
includes the port as part of the path... That's what axis seems to do when
you deploy your services on Tomcat servers. In other cases, such as J2EE
endpoint deployments, for instance with JOnAS, i think the HTTP URL also
includes the port component name which comes from the webservices.xml
descriptor...

That's what i understand. I hope this explanation is not too approximate,
and, at least can help you.
--
Ephemeris Lappis