axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bala Ramakrishnan \(balar\)" <ba...@cisco.com>
Subject How does Stub.setMaintainSession(boolean) work
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:17:35 GMT
I have this piece of code that establishes the Soap handle used to make
subsequent API calls.

private Config createConfigHandle() {
      try {
        URL sURL = new URL(hprotocol + "://" + wlse_ip + ":" + httpport
+ "/services/Config");
        m_logger.info("service URL is: " + sURL) ;

        ConfigService service = new ConfigServiceLocator();

        Config config = service.getConfig(sURL) ;
        ConfigSoapBindingStub stub = (ConfigSoapBindingStub)config;
        stub.setMaintainSession(true);
        stub.setUsername(username);
        stub.setPassword(password);
        return config;
      }

I use the handle to invoke all the methods exposed in the "Config"
interface.

If I change the call:
stub.setMaintainSession(true);

stub.setMaintainSession(false);

What is the impact? Can I make multiple calls using the same handle?
does Soap automatically create new session for each API call? or do  I
have to invoke setUserName(), and setPassword() before every API
invocation if I call stub.setMaintainSession(false)?