axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dovholuk, Clint" <Clint.Dovho...@GlobalCrossing.com>
Subject RE: package used as namespace instead of specified namespace
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:52:36 GMT
FYI:

I've also noted that the "ArrayOf{TypeHere}" items that Axis
automatically writes out are in the namespace of:

	http://{servername}:{port}/{path to wsdl - ?wsdl

That is, unless you add the derived classes into the wsdd as a type/bean
mapping.

-Clint

-----Original Message-----
From: Dovholuk, Clint [mailto:Clint.Dovholuk@GlobalCrossing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:14 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: package used as namespace instead of specified namespace

Hello All,

I've defined my web service as such:

   <service name="myService" provider="java:RPC">
     <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*" />
     <parameter name="className" value="my.pacage.name" />
     <namespace>http://mynamespace/myWebserviceName</namespace>

   </service>

The problem I'm having is that for some reason, when the wsdl is created
by Axis, two different schema tags are used in the types portion of the
wsdl.  The first schema uses namespace
"http://mynamespace/myWebserviceName" and the second schema uses
namespace "http://my.package.name".

I think this is a bug due to my previous posting about writing out
derived types.  Seems like any  derived types that aren't specifically
placed into the server-config.wsdd file get written to the wsdl with the
package name as the namespace.

Does this seem like a bug to anyone or is there some wsdd setting I can
implement to override this functionality and I just don't know about it?

Thanks,
-Clint