axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Vardeman <andr...@iastate.edu>
Subject Re: Bug with Arrays as Return Types
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:48:58 GMT
Oliver,

I think I have a problem similar to yours.  I had an RPC service written in
Java from which I generated WSDL that was consumed by a .NET client.  The
client is in use, so I can't change the interface now.  Upgrading to Axis
1.2 from 1.1 changes how arrays of Strings get returned to the .NET
client--so I can't upgrade to Axis 1.2 without breaking the current system
and making changes on the client.  Like you, I know I'm doing things
somewhat backward (going from Java to WSDL rather than the other way
around).  Is backward compatibility for this sort of scenario simply not a
goal of Axis?  Can any developers comment?

Thanks,

Andrew