axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ebert, Chris" <chris.eb...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Pre-loading a service, or handing off a singleton?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:14:18 GMT

Hi
Sounds like you're doing something like what I wanted. I extended the
RPCProvider to get instances of the service from a factory. It seemed
like what the framework expected and works pretty well. The
'interesting' method to override is getServiceObject, and you can
register the provider with the WSDDProvider object. I register mine as
'RPC', so every method anyone declares goes through my provider even
though I only have factory objects for some. For anything I don't have
an object for, I just call super(...). Seems to work like a charm.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Felarca [mailto:gennadius@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 11:18 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Pre-loading a service, or handing off a singleton?

Hello all,

If I have a service that is APPLICATION scoped, is tehre a way for me to
have axis load it upon startup, instead of when the first request comes
in?

Failing that, is there a way for me to hand a singelton of that service
implementation off to axis instead of axis spinning up its own? That
would be a work-around of sorts.

Thanks in advance!

Mario-