axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Magnus Karlsson <magnus.m.karls...@spray.se>
Subject Re: Problem setting up Axis
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:35:53 GMT
I'm having exactly the same problem, but not under windows though, I'm
using Fedore core 4 and the bundled Tomcat server with Axis 1.2.1.

Janet; on the "happypage" ain't all the env. variables printed? From
what I recall even there the tools.jar actually is in the classpath! Is
it the same for you?

Regards,
Magnus Karlsson

Miller, Janet skrev:

>No, I have the jdk installed and my JAVA_HOME variable is set to "c:\jdk1.5.0_03;"

not the Java JDK? I think this would explain why no compiler was found and hence the jws could
not be compiled with 'javac'. Check your JAVA_HOME variable. Putting tools.jar in Tomcat/lib
seems a bit 'dirty' to me.

>--Thunder

a sample JWS web service that comes with Axis as follows:

>http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list
>
>I get the following error:
>
>  <faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode>
>  <faultstring>java.lang.RuntimeException: No compiler found in your classpath!
(you may need to add 'tools.jar')</faultstring>

>How does Axis know where the Java compiler is?  I thought it used CLASSPATH and AXISCLASSPATH
which I think I have set up properly since I got wsdl2Java to work.  Do I need to put tools.jar
somewhere?

>I tried adding tools.jar to the tomcat\common\lib directory, but that didn't work either.
>
>I'm using Tomcat 5.5.9, Java 1.5.0.03, and Axis 1.2.1.
>
>Does anyone know why I'm having this problem?
>
>Jan

Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps folders.

>-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

have extracted you have a folder structure like:

>- axis-1_2
>   - docs
>   - lib
>   - samples
>   - webapps
>   - xmls
>
>Normally the wsdl4j.jar must be in lib directory, otherwise you can look at axis-1_2\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib.
The wsdl4j.jar is used in AXIS to generate Java code from WSDL and to generate WSDL from Java.

>Hope it helps.
>
>Regards
>Ferruh
>

>-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

to be in my CLASSPATH and AXISCLASSPATH.  I've installed everything and don't have this file
on my machine.  Where does this file come from?  Could someone check to see if this file exists
on your machine?  It is supposed to be in the \webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib directory.