axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nikita Tovstoles <Nikita.Tovsto...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problem setting up Axis
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:05:17 GMT
jdk 1.5 and axis 1.2.1 are compatible. One thing to do is to make sure
that the Tomcat instance that you're running is using a JDK and not a
JRE. Make sure JAVA_HOME used during Tomcat start-up actually points to
a valid JDK (and not JRE) location

-nikita

Miller, Janet wrote:

>I already had tools.jar in AXIS_HOME\lib.  I restarted Tomcat just to make sure and it
still doesn't work.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  I'm using jdk1.5.0.03 and axis 1.2.1.
 Are they compatible?

>Jan

a sample JWS web service that comes with Axis as follows:

>http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list
>
>I get the following error:
>
>  <faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode>
>  <faultstring>java.lang.RuntimeException: No compiler found in your classpath!
(you may need to add 'tools.jar')</faultstring>

>How does Axis know where the Java compiler is?  I thought it used CLASSPATH and AXISCLASSPATH
which I think I have set up properly since I got wsdl2Java to work.  Do I need to put tools.jar
somewhere?

>I tried adding tools.jar to the tomcat\common\lib directory, but that didn't work either.
>
>I'm using Tomcat 5.5.9, Java 1.5.0.03, and Axis 1.2.1.
>
>Does anyone know why I'm having this problem?
>
>Jan

Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps folders.

>-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

have extracted you have a folder structure like:

>- axis-1_2
>   - docs
>   - lib
>   - samples
>   - webapps
>   - xmls
>
>Normally the wsdl4j.jar must be in lib directory, otherwise you can look at axis-1_2\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib.
The wsdl4j.jar is used in AXIS to generate Java code from WSDL and to generate WSDL from Java.

>Hope it helps.
>
>Regards
>Ferruh
>

>-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

to be in my CLASSPATH and AXISCLASSPATH.  I've installed everything and don't have this file
on my machine.  Where does this file come from?  Could someone check to see if this file exists
on your machine?  It is supposed to be in the \webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib directory.

--
===================================
Nikita Tovstoles

Demolab, Office of Strategic Insight