axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Krishnamurthy <ra...@savvion.com>
Subject custom type serializer and deserializer
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:13:40 GMT
Hello:
I'm trying to understand how to write custom serializers and
deserializers. So created a user type called Book.java and has a
BookList as webservice that has a methods called getBookList that will
return a List that can 2 elements of type Book.

pubic class BookList{

    public Vector getBookList(){

    }

}

I wanted to serialize the Book.java to byte[] and then send that byte[]
as xsd:hexBinary. So the BookSerializer converts the Book.java to byte[]
to xsd:hexbinary and the BookDesrializer desrializes the xsd:hexbinary
to byte[] to Book.
Interestingly, at the client side, the SOAP Message has 2 Books but the
Vector that is deserialized from the client has only one Book. When I
debugged the Deserializer, I do see that both the books byte[] has been
converted to Book.

Not sure what  I'm doing  wrong.
Could someone give any suggestion.

Thanks,