axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Krishnamurthy <ra...@savvion.com>
Subject Re: wrapped style client
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:12:52 GMT
I had to make the following changes in the addParameter:

_call.addParameter(new javax.xml.namespace.QName("http://tempuri.org/",
"A"),org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_FLOAT,float.class,ParameterMode.IN);
_call.addParameter(new javax.xml.namespace.QName("http://tempuri.org/",
"B"),org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_FLOAT,float.class,ParameterMode.IN);

instead of
_call.addParameter(
"A",org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_FLOAT,float.class,ParameterMode.IN);
_call.addParameter(
"B",org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_FLOAT,float.class,ParameterMode.IN);

Dont know why I did not get any exception if that is not right!!

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Krishnamurthy wrote:

> Hello:
> I'm trying to write a client to document/literal webservice as wrapped
> style to the following webservice:
>
> http://chs.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/samples/services/MathService/VB/MathService.asmx

> I have attached my client program. I'm trying to invoke the Add
> operation. There are 2 static methods in the program:
>
> 1. add_good - this gives the expected result (12 + 12 = 24)
> 2. add_bad  - returns 0 - Passing the same input.  Looks like I'm
> doing something wrong which is not very obvious to me. Could someone
> throw some pointers.
>
> Thanks for your help and time.
>
> Regards,
> Ravi

>import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
>import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
>import org.apache.axis.enum.Style;
>import org.w3c.dom.Document;
>import org.w3c.dom.Element;
>
>import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
>import javax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory;
>import javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode;
>import java.net.URL;
>

>import java.util.Iterator;
>
>public class MathClient
>{
>     private static String endpoint = "http://chs.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/samples/services/MathService/VB/MathService.asmx";
>     private static String wsdlURL = endpoint + "?WSDL";
>     public static void main(String [] args) throws Exception {
>

>         //checkExists();
>         add_good();
>
>         add_bad();
>         //checkExists();
>

>    }
>

>    public static void add_good() throws Exception{
>
>        Service  service = new Service(new URL(wsdlURL), new QName("http://tempuri.org/","MathService"));
>        Call     _call    = (Call)(service.createCall(new QName("http://tempuri.org/","MathServiceSoap"),
>                        new QName("http://tempuri/org/","Add")));
>        _call.setSOAPActionURI("http://tempuri.org/Add");
>        _call.setOperationStyle(Style.WRAPPED);
>        System.out.println(" Response from add_good is " + _call.invoke(new Object[] {new
Float(12) , new Float(12)}));
>    }
>
>    public static void add_bad() throws Exception{
>
>        Service  service = new Service();
>        Call     _call    = (Call)(service.createCall());
>
>        _call.setUseSOAPAction(true);
>        _call.setSOAPActionURI("http://tempuri.org/Add");
>
>        _call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
>        _call.setOperationStyle(Style.WRAPPED);
>
>        _call.setOperationName(new QName("http://tempuri.org/","Add"));
>        _call.addParameter("A",org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_FLOAT,Float.class,ParameterMode.IN);
>        _call.addParameter("B",org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_FLOAT,Float.class,ParameterMode.IN);
>
>        _call.setReturnClass(Float.class);
>
>        System.out.println(" Response from add_bad is " + _call.invoke(new Object[] {new
Float(12) , new Float(12)}));