axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Z Ellmy <zel...@gmail.com>
Subject Correct usage of wsdl:part/@element for doc/literal
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:11:00 GMT
I'm trying to compose a valid doc/literal WSDL but I'm having trouble.

If I use:
<wsdl:part name="phone" type="listing3:Phone"/>

this works and I can generate stubs and bindings but SOAPScope and
other tools clue me that this violates WS-I Basic Profile:

  Missing "element" attribute - Wsdl:part phone does not have an "element"
  attribute defined and is referred to by a "document" style soap:body.

So, if I change this to:
<wsdl:part name="phone" element="listing3:Phone"/>

then I get an error with wsdl2java:
  WSDL processing error for AddressBook.wsdl : Element {urn:listing3}Phone
  is referenced but not defined.

So I guess my question is what is the correct way to import this type
from another schema file and still satisfy the WS-I requirements? This
is just a basic example, my "real" problem involves creating a WSDL
for an existing set of complex schemas.

I've attached my WSDL and my XSD.

I'll be the first to admit any ignorance and/or misunderstand of the
concepts here -- but I'd really appreciate some help :-)