axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Taylor <taylo...@tcd.ie>
Subject Re: deploy trouble
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 00:45:06 GMT
I've seen in the axis user guide that one can declare a logger in the wsdd file
that axis can use for the service. Can anyone comment on this and would this
log if the service gets deployed or not and where will it put this log?

  <!-- define the logging handler configuration -->
 <handler name="track" type="java:samples.userguide.example4.LogHandler">
  <parameter name="filename" value="MyService.log"/>
 </handler>

This is what my log4j properties file looks like.

# Set root logger level to WARN and its only appender to A1.
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, A1
# show DEBUG for SOAPPart method
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.SOAPPart=DEBUG
# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
# log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.File=axis.log
# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n