axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Taylor <taylo...@tcd.ie>
Subject Re: Webservice client
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:57:03 GMT
Hey folks,
          I've a query on a similar issue. I'm using axis's WSDL2Java tool to
make client and server style stubs but my service takes the data from the
client, queries a database but instead of sending back a resultset of found
object sends back an xml String result which is basically a xml document. The
issue is this is not rpc is it. It semms more like sending documents then
objects, but the service is rpc in its wsdd.
          I know its a design issue but should I just send back the objects to
the client and let them make xml outa them? Also if i'm sending documents what
would be a better way to do the above?
          James.

--
Between the question and the answer lies free will