axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Taylor <taylo...@tcd.ie>
Subject web service error handling design issue
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:22:16 GMT
Hey,
    another design issue on a different note. In our college course we a told to
propogate error up to the top layer/controller and deal with them appropriately.
What's the best way to deal with errors in the case of web services? Should I
catch the exception and return an appropriate fault node/code and deal with
this in the client code or catch the error at the service provider top level
and return an appropriate explanation?
    Just looking for ideas and what way is it done in industry.
    Thanks to anyone that gives my the time to answer,
                                                      James.

--
Between the question and the answer lies free will