axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Melean, Calixto (Calixto)" <cmel...@lucent.com>
Subject Axis Client using HTTPS w/ no authentication how?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:48:56 GMT
Folks,

Could anybody please help me with the following problem. I am desperate for help as I can't
get this to work.

I don't know if the problem is server or client. Anybody know how to configure Axis to send
HTTPS to servers without using authentication/certificates.

The web service is using gsoap. The client is using java apache axis. The client is trying
to use SSL(HTTPS).

I dont want want any authentication/certificates. I only need encryption.

In the server I am doing:

soap_ssl_server_context( soap, SOAP_SSL_DEFAULT, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL
)

The error printed by gsoap is:

SOAP FAULT: SOAP-ENV:Server. SSL_ERROR_SSL error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL routines:reason(193).
SSL_accept
() failed in soap_ssl_accept()

The error on the Axis side is:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert:
handshake_failure

---------------------

Now, I tried setting the soap context using the included server.pem (though I dont think I
need this). And this is what happens:

soap_ssl_server_context( soap, SOAP_SSL_DEFAULT, "server.pem", "password", NULL, NULL, NULL,
NULL, NULL )

Error on gsoap side:

SOAP FAULT: SOAP-ENV:Server. SSL_ERROR_SSL error:14094416:SSL routines:SSL routines:reason(1046).
SSL_accept
() failed in soap_ssl_accept()

Error on Axis side:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

The errors are different. Again, the goal is to have encryption with no authentication. Anybody
knows how to get this going.

I appreciate any help

thanks