axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about generated Java w/ WSDL2Java
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 13:43:46 GMT
A few recommendations:

Things work a lot more easily if you use the "wrapped" style rather
than "unwrapped". In the "wrapped" style, the input element name must
be the same as your operation name. So, for the GetPurpose operation,
you input element should be called GetPurpose rather than
GetPurposeRequest.

In your definitions <types> section, you create a schema with the
targetNamespace of "http://www.ieee.org/DRAFT/Service", and then you
import the same namespace, which is not a valid construct. You should
<include> it rather than <import> it. Alternatively, you can define
the schema's targetNamespace to be the same as your WSDL namespace and
use the <import>. Regardless of the approach, the schema elements will
remain assigned to the "http://www.ieee.org/DRAFT/Service" namespace.

In your services <binding>, you should not specify a namespace
attribute on the <input> and <output> definitions. (You use the
namespace attribute only when using rpc style.

I'm pretty sure that the bug that caused the generation of the
extraneous ">" characters in the WSDD has been fixed. Please make sure
you are using Axis 1.2 final.

Anne