axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Carpenter" <b...@engineer.com>
Subject Axis 1.2 servlet client fails.
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 23:53:55 GMT
Hi,

I use Axis 1.2, JVM 1.4.2, WinXP.

I'm having a problem with making some soap client calls from within a
servlet. These are the three services I call:

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/samples/services/MathService
/VB/MathService.asmx?WSDL
http://dev.fargeo.com/WebServices/1138_01_Nimblus_KingCo/MapServer.asmx?WSDL
https://secure.webiris.com/IRISWebServices/ValidateIRISUser/ValidateIRISUser
.asmx?WSDL

All services work fine if used in a desktop (non-servlet) client, but if I
call the services from a servlet client (Struts Action or Form classes) then
the MapServer and ValidateIRISUser services both get a result of null (for
example [ns1:getMapByCenterPointResult: null]) BUT the MathService work fine
in all cases.

I've tried getting this to work with JBoss 3.22, JBoss 4.02, and Weblogic
8.1 - same results each time.

I must be missing something fundamental about calling SOAP services from
servlets?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--BobC