axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kiran Kumar" <kku...@objectwave.com>
Subject RE: weblogic 8.1 and axis 1.2
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 13:04:49 GMT
Hi Anish,

There is nothing specific you need to configure when you are using Axis on a different container
(other than tomcat). Think Axis as a web-application, you can war it and deploy it on any
container, it should work right out of the box.

But with weblogic 8.1 there is a conflict between webservices.jar and saaj.jar. There are
2 ways to solve this problem.

(a) put the following entry in weblogic.xml of your Axis web-app.
 <container-descriptor>
    <prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>
  </container-descriptor>
(b) If above one doesn't workput saaj.jar before webservices.jar in startWeblogic.cmd's classpath
variable. But this will impact other apps.

I tried Axis 1.2 with weblogic 8.1 and Jboss, and it was working fine.

Thanks
Kiran

________________________________

From: Anish Jindal [mailto:anjindal@in.ibm.com]
Sent: Thu 5/26/2005 6:40 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: weblogic 8.1 and axis 1.2

Hi,
i have weblogic 8.1 and axis 1.2 on my comp. and i knwo how to run axis with tomcat...but
i want to run it with weblogic and Jrun.
so please give me some tutorial for configuring my weblogic server for axis and also for Jrun

Thank You
Anish Jindal

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is confidential and is intended only for the individual(s)
named.  If you are not the intended recipient, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete
it from your system; do not copy/save this e-mail or disclose its contents to anyone.  E-mail
transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as the transmission could be
interrupted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, altered, arrive late or contain viruses.  ObjectWave
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this e-mail which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  The views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily
reflect those of ObjectWave or its affiliates.