axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Garzon Maldonado, Jesus Javier" <jgar...@indra.es>
Subject AxisFault and handlers
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 08:40:41 GMT
Hello all,

We've a web service with the following method defined:

inteface Service extends java.rmi.Remote {
void myMethod(MyParam param) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
}

A handler is bound to this service in order to perform some security actions before each request
call. If such security actions fail an AxisFault is launched by our security handler.

However when we wrote client code like this:

ServiceStub client = (ServiceStub)new ServiceLocator().getService();

try {
  client.myMethod(param);
  System.out.println("Call successful");
} catch (Exception ex) {
  System.out.println("there was an error");
}

Output is always "Call successful" even when security actions fail and an AxisFault is thrown
from handler class.

¿How can we handle such exceptions?

Thanks.

Javi Garzón