axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Catalin Grigoroscuta <c.grigorosc...@moodmedia.ro>
Subject Re: WebSphere 5.1 does not run Web Applications running Axis SOAP Engine
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 07:04:16 GMT
Hi,

I know this is off topic, but I think it may help you.
There is a much cleaner way to setup LogFactory on Websphere, without
doing the PARENT-LAST trick. See
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27004610 for details

aedemar.cooke@rbc.com wrote:

>I also had to specify a name-value pair assigning the  fully-qualified class name of the
LogFactory implementation to property  org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory in file commons-logging.properties,
and  place this file in the classpath to force WAS to use the Apache implementation of LogFactory
instead of the IBM one - see http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27004610 (but
this could be just for WAS on the iSeries).

>I  added the commons-logging.properties file to a config directory which was in a shared
library associated with the application and Axis was happy and the web service worked.