axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Averia <chrisave...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Axis 1.2FINAL support for HTTP1.1 and Keep-Alive
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:08:09 GMT
Hi John,

Do you have any sample for a client-side wsdd file? What are the elements I need to define
there?  I have now a server-config.wsdd but I dont what elements I need to define in a client-side.wsdd...

Thanks
Chris

John Babbidge <Jbabbidge@activcard.com> wrote:
Hi Chris,

You'll need  the following line in your client-side wsdd as follows:

<transport name="http" pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.CommonsHTTPSender"/>

The wsdd should be placed in the clients classpath.

Can someone confirm this behavior has not change for 1.2 final?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Averia [mailto:chrisaveria@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 7:18 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; dims@apache.org; Carolina Morais
Subject: Re: Axis 1.2FINAL support for HTTP1.1 and Keep-Alive

Hello Davanum,

How do I set Axis to use CommonsHTTPSender instead of the default HTTPSender?  Which java
source file I need to modify for that?

The reason I want a keep-alive support is that I make a sequence of SOAP calls to a Web Server
(I use the stub classes generated by WSDL2Java for that).  So for thoughput to be faster,
I want my HTTP connection to be persistent.  But lets say after I make my last SOAP call,
I want the HTTPSender to close the connection.  How do I do that?

Thanks a lot!
Chris

Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
You can use CommonsHTTPSender with Jakarta commons HTTPClient library.

-- dims