axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Roslan Amir <ros...@xybase.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 02:08:20 GMT
Hi,

It's easier if you use Ant. Assume you have already run the Ant task
axis-wsdl2java to create the stub/skeleton as well as the deploy.wsdd. Then you
should use org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient to deploy your Web service as
described in deploy.wsdd. Here's excerpts from my Ant build.xml:

<path id="classpath">
  <fileset dir="${axis.home}/lib">
    <include name="*.jar" />
  </fileset>
  <fileset dir="${other.lib.dir}">
    <include name="activation.jar" />
    <include name="mail.jar" />
    <include name="xml-apis.jar" />
    <include name="xercesImpl.jar" />
  </fileset>
</path>
<taskdef resource="axis-tasks.properties" classpathref="classpath" />
<target name="deploy">
  <java classname="org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient"
        classpathref="classpath">
    <arg value="-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService" />
    <arg value="${wsdd.dir}/deploy.wsdd" />
  </java>
</target>

Make sure the Axis web app is installed and running on your app server or Tomcat
before running this task. Run Ant with the target "deploy".

You shouldn't get any error. Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/axis/
and use the List link to check that your Web service is deployed.

Roslan Amir

This mail sent through IMP: https://webmail.xybase.com