axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Venkat Reddy <vred...@gmail.com>
Subject Axis 1.x and [Axis2]
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:19:45 GMT
I have a bunch of questions related to Axis releases in general for
both 1.x and 2.0

1.Its nice to hear 1.2 release is round the corner (or the weekend).
What's after that? Are we going to start working for 1.3? What are the
major changes / features to expect in 1.3? I think we should have 1.3,
may be to fix the remaining bugs, if any, and for continued support
for 1.x. Has the Axis 1 ship already "sailed and reached its
destination"? (as Tom said once).

2.What's the timeline for Axis2.0? Is June-2006 is a good guess for
the first version go GA?

3.Until 2.0 comes out stable and complete, I think we should also keep
good support for 1.x. But I see most of us focusing on 2.0.

4.What's the migration plan from 1.x to 2.0? Looks like 2.0 doesn't
guarantee backward compatibility with 1.x code. And may be we are not
too keen on support for JAX-RPC support.

5.Currently if I have code running Axis 1.2, what are the things I
should consider or be aware of while switching over to 2.0? – stubs
need to be re-generated, change in programming model etc.

thanks
Venkat