axis-java-user mailing list archives

From MBenveni...@unica.com
Subject getDeserializer taking too long under Websphere 5.1
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:20:23 GMT
I'm trying to chase down a performance issue using Websphere 5.1 and Axis
1.1.
What we're finding is that on the server the

org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializerFactory.getDeserializerAs()
call is taking a very long time for even simple strng classes. Apparently,
it's
trying to find a specialized deserializer, calling loadClass, bubbling
through
a bunch of stuff only to find that no such class exists.  Eventually, it
reverts
back to the GeneralPurpose deserializer, and things work as expected.

Is there someway to speed up, cache, or short circuit this check via
configuration?

Thanks!
Mike B.