axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino Chiesa" <din...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Invoking axis 1.2rc3 webservice returning an array from .NET framework 1.1
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:18:51 GMT
Have you done the WSDL First (tm) approach?

Which is described here:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/DotNetInterop
And here:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/DotNetInteropArrays

-----Original Message-----
From: harsha senanayake [mailto:harshasen@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 1:14 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Invoking axis 1.2rc3 webservice returning an array from .NET
framework 1.1

Hi,

I have been struggling to invoke a webservice method which returns any
type of array from .Net. Whenever I call a method for eg.
string[] list() found in http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws
 i get an error saying Unhandled Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1,
308). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not
recognized: name='string',
namespace='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/', at <whoamiReturn
xmlns=''>.

What am I doing wrong here? is there a work around for this problem?
really appreciate if someone could help me out.

thanks.
Harsha