axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Vijayaraghavan" <scolio...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: NULL Pointer exception in BeanDeserializer
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:52:41 GMT
This is the WSDL file of the .NET service provider that I am using. I am
wring an Apache Axis Java Client to access a .NET web service provider. I am
trying to invoke the GetLaunchInformation web service and I am getting a
NULL pointer exception in the BeanDeserializer. see my earlier emails. The
input is a user name( in the following format DOMAIN/USERNAME)

And the interesting part is that  output is an array of anytype and an error
string. The internet is full of information about the problems with array of
anytypes as output.

Also I generated the java stub files using WSDLtoJava and the array of
anytype uses BeanSerializer and Bean Deserailizer as its serializer and
deserializer. Shouldn't it be using Array Serializer and Array Deserializaer
instead? These files were autogenerated. so won't WSDLto java know what type
of serializer to use.

Are there any caveats for the Array of Anytpe for .NET interop with Axis
java client.

Any help is appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <wsdl:definitions xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:tns="http://www.xxx.com"
xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textMatching/"
targetNamespace="http://www.xxx.com"
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
- <wsdl:types>
- <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://www.xxx.com">
- <s:element name="GetLaunchInformation">
- <s:complexType>
- <s:sequence>
  <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="strUserName" type="s:string"
/>
  </s:sequence>
  </s:complexType>
  </s:element>
- <s:element name="GetLaunchInformationResponse">
- <s:complexType>
- <s:sequence>
  <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="GetLaunchInformationResult"
type="s:boolean" />
  <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="varList"
type="tns:ArrayOfVariable" />
  <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="strError" type="s:string" />
  </s:sequence>
  </s:complexType>
  </s:element>
- <s:complexType name="ArrayOfVariable">
- <s:sequence>
  <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="Variable"
nillable="true" type="tns:Variable" />
  </s:sequence>
  </s:complexType>
- <s:complexType name="Variable">
- <s:complexContent mixed="false">
- <s:extension base="tns:MarshalByRefObject">
- <s:sequence>
  <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="strVariableName"
type="s:string" />
  <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="objVariableValue"
type="tns:ArrayOfAnyType" />
  </s:sequence>
  </s:extension>
  </s:complexContent>
  </s:complexType>
  <s:complexType name="MarshalByRefObject" abstract="true" />
- <s:complexType name="ArrayOfAnyType">
- <s:sequence>
  <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="anyType"
nillable="true" />
  </s:sequence>
  </s:complexType>

Thanks,