axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Garbacz Paweł <p.garb...@teta.com.pl>
Subject RE: Return string[][][]
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:49:22 GMT
Hi,

OK. I know what's wrong. According to http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/requirements.html multidimensional
arrays are not supported. Unfortunately. And the String[][] two dimensional array I mentioned
in my previous post was not also correct - it was replaced by simple 1D array of Strings.

Therefore another question I could ask: does anyone know, when the multidimensional array
support will be included in Axis?

--
Best regards,

Paweł Garbacz (Web Technology Team)
TETA S.A.         --== www.teta.com.pl ==--

-----Original Message-----
From: Garbacz Paweł
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 3:33 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Return string[][][]

Hi everyone,

I had this stupid situation. I wrote a WebService exhibiting the web method String[][][] getUpdates().
Until it had the definition String[][] getUpdates() it worked fine. I was wondering if there
is a problem with Axis servlet or something, because when I use my web method in C# project
made in VS.NET, it builds a wrapper method as string[] getUpdates() instead of string[][][]
getUpdates().

Type definition in wsdl generated by Axis is:
<complexType name="ArrayOfArrayOfArrayOf_xsd_string">
	<complexContent>
		<restriction base="soapenc:Array">
			<attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="xsd:string[][][]"/>
		</restriction>
	</complexContent>
</complexType>

The relevant web method written in C# produces quite different wsdl:

<s:complexType name="ArrayOfArrayOfArrayOfString">
	<s:sequence>
		<s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="ArrayOfArrayOfString" nillable="true"
type="tns:ArrayOfArrayOfString"/>
	</s:sequence>
</s:complexType>
<s:complexType name="ArrayOfArrayOfString">
	<s:sequence>
		<s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="ArrayOfString" nillable="true" type="tns:ArrayOfString"/>
	</s:sequence>
</s:complexType>
<s:complexType name="ArrayOfString">
	<s:sequence>
		<s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="string" nillable="true" type="s:string"/>
	</s:sequence>
</s:complexType>

One can see the difference - the first type is written as simple array type, the second one
uses simple type made more complex (as a collection). Is it OK? Maybe Axis does something
wrong?