axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mik Goodhelp <wsdevelo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to pass information between handlers and services.
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:13:24 GMT
The idea is that to pass information to an handler from the client-Application
in such way that all subsequent service invocations will be intercepted,
then Information will be added into the SOAPHeader
and  deliverd to different provider-services

It should like really like the following:
{
// one time passing the info to an Handler in the General chain
PassInformationToHandler( Info );

Service serice_1=new Service();
Service serice_2=new Service();
Service serice_3=new Service();
// Calls
Call call_1 = (Call) service_1.createCall();
Call call_2 = (Call) service_1.createCall();

call_1.invoke(...)
call_2.invoke(...)
call_3.invoke(...)
}

////////////////////////// i don't want to do  something like the following :
{
// Calls
Call call_1 = (Call) service_1.createCall();
Call call_2 = (Call) service_1.createCall();
MessageContext messageContext_1 = call_1.getMessageContext() ;
MessageContext messageContext_2 = call_2.getMessageContext() ;
MessageContext messageContext_3 = call_3.getMessageContext() ;

messageContext_1.setProperty("MyInfo", Info );
messageContext_2.setProperty("MyInfo", Info );
messageContext_3.setProperty("MyInfo", Info );

call_1.invoke(...)
call_2.invoke(...)
call_3.invoke(...)

}

I was thinking at two ways  to solve this problem
1) Making use of the singleton pattern.
Exchanging information saving it into a singleton object, and sharing it.

2) Dynamically attaching an Handler to all the Services,
passing the information each time the handler is attached (configured).
But this dynamic configuration works per service but i did'nt manage
to attach an Handler to all the services.

Any other idea ?

Thanks for the previous responses :)