axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS-I compliance of a webservice
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:42:04 GMT
Keep in mind that the WS-I BP put constraints on SOAP and WSDL -- it
disallows features that are explicitly supported by the
specifications. Most toolkits support all features defined in the
specifications, so I don't think we'll ever get to the point where you
can't build a service that doesn't comply with the WS-I BP.

Some toolkits (e.g., Sun's JWSDP) provide a switch that you can set to
say that you want to generate a WS-I compliant service, but I wouldn't
trust it yet. To ensure compliance, you must test each service.

Also , you should understand that WS-I BP compliance applies to
services -- not to products or toolkits. There is no way to test to
see if a toolkit complies with the WS-I BP. All you can do is test to
see whether a toolkit can generate or process WS-I compliant services.

Anne