axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino Chiesa" <din...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: .NET cred
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:49:10 GMT
Username/pw are basic auth
But there is nothing that should prevent you from using this with .NET.

Here's a quick refresher for how to enable this in .Net
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/secureservices.aspx

The C# example you cited uses whatever the default creds are, which
could be kerberos or NTLM, but is probably not applicable to a Java/AXIS
client.

-Dino

-----Original Message-----
From: John Windberg [mailto:jwindberg@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:16 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: .NET cred

I'm trying to write a client to talk to the web services that are part
of Microsoft SharePoint services.

I've been scouring through the lists to find out how to authenticate the
client, setup the credentials, whatever it is that I'm suppose to do.

setUserName and setPassword are apparently "basic auth" and don't work
with .NET

The C# example in the Sharepoint SDK merely does this:

myservice.Credentials =
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

Can anyone point me to a how/to, readme, or example?

Thanks

-J