axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino Chiesa" <din...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Format/Structure of req./res. soap msg.
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:32:41 GMT
Seems like a little of both.
 the de/serializers themselves determine the actual XML.
 But the schema definition in the WSDL is the "contract" which the
de/serializer is bound to uphold.

If the xml generated or consumed by your custom de/serializers does not
comply with the schema in the WSDL, then something is wrong.

Please all, correct me if I am mistaken about this, but
I think the idea behind custom de/serializer is to enable mapping of any
arbitrary XML to any arbitrary Java class.

The Bean De/Serializer does a simple mapping between XML elements and
bean properties.  But maybe some people have the need to map a
relatively flat XML structure into a graph of objects.  Or a deeply
nested XML document into a single (flat) Java object.

-----Original Message-----
From: babloosony [mailto:babloosony@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:20 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Format/Structure of req./res. soap msg.

Hi All,

What determines the structure/format of custom types(we use in a web
service method call) in request/response soap mesages(that we can view
using AXIS TCPMonitor). Does the schema definition in WSDL determines
and/or the custom (de)serializers (like jaxb, jibx, castor) determines
it ?

Please clarify ...

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.