axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino Chiesa" <din...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Digital Signatures and Axis 1.2 RC2/RC3
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:55:20 GMT
Sun's JWSDP v1.5 does XML DSIG
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.5/tutorial/doc/XMLDigitalSignatureAPI.html

and .NET does XML DSIG
http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/11/12/57030.aspx

so possibly you could "roll your own" by grabbing just the part of Sun JWSDP that you need
and using that within your AXIS app.
I haven't tried this.

________________________________

From: Faucher, Christian [mailto:Christian.Faucher@axa-canada.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:46 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Digital Signatures and Axis 1.2 RC2/RC3

Hi all,

We've been investigating a way to certify that the client calling our server is really the
expected client.  We came across digital signatures (SOAP-DSIG).

Is this a supported feature by Axis?  Or do I need to install WSSE as well?  Is it supported
as well by .NET in a compatible way?

In our case, the server-side processing could be an Handler intercepting the SOAP request,
looking for SOAPSEC, get the signature and valid it.  But we would like to avoid as much as
possible WSSE4J (time constraints, nothing personal...).

Christian Faucher
Concepteur/Designer
AXA Canada Tech
2020, rue University, Bureau 600
Montréal (Québec) H3A 2A5
T: (514) 282-6817, x2943
F:  (514) 282-6017
Email: christian.faucher@axa-canada.com

"Ce message est confidentiel, à l'usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus et son contenu
ne représente en aucun cas un engagement de la part de AXA, sauf en cas de stipulation expresse
et par écrit de la part de AXA. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, même partielle,
doit être autorisée préalablement. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci
d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur."

"This e-mail message is confidential, for the exclusive use of the addressee and its contents
shall not constitute a commitment by AXA, except as otherwise specifically provided in writing
by AXA. Any unauthorized disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately."