axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Merten Schumann" <Merten.Schum...@asg.com>
Subject problem with web service method which returns boolean, not understood by JAX-RPC client
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:41:02 GMT
Hello,

my (Sun J2EE 1.4 RI from 2005) JAX-RPC client fails against a web
service hosted by Axis 1.2RC3. I do try to invoke a method "boolean
returnSomething()". I end up with

invalid boolean value:
at
com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.simpletype.XSDBooleanEncoder.stringToObject(XSD
BooleanEncoder.java:62) at
com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.SimpleTypeSerializer.deserialize(SimpleTypeSeri
alizer.java:143)

I do really not know, which one (server or client) is behaving not
correctly. Does Axis send invalid data? Is Sun JAX-RPC doing something
wrong in evaluating the data from Axis?

I can only tell that my service client works when the web service is
hosted by Sun Application Server or IBM WebSphere.

One interesting thing is: if I do set the dotNetSoapEncFix switch in
global Axis config to "true", the client utilizing Sun's JAX-RPC
implementation works fine. :-) That's strange in a way, since I saw that
the encoding for boolean is always (no matter how dotNetSoapEncFix flag
is set) xsd:boolean ...

Other SOAP clients (SOAP::Lite, SOAPpy) work fine, with both settings
(true, false) for dotNetSoapEncFix ...

Anyone else experiencing problems with boolean return values in Axis for
JAX-RPC clients?
   Merten