axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rory <r...@unixism.org>
Subject possible causes of IncompatibleClassChangeError
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:49:13 GMT
I am using axis to provide a soap service within another application.
It does this by calling an instance of org.mortbay.jetty.Server and
handing it the war file.

On my desktop (WinXPSP2, jdk1.5.0_01) this works fine and a test client
is able to use the service.

On a Linux system (trustix2.1) the same setup works as well (still using
winxp to run the client).

On a second (virtually identical) Linux box it fails with the following
exception.   I've done my best to ensure that all the dependencies are
the same on both linux boxes (including saaj which I've seen other
postings about).   I'm relatively new to both SOAP and Axis:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
        at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.addTextNode(MessageElement.java:1387)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPHandler.endElement(SOAPHandler.java:118)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1083)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
        at

Source)
        at
Source)
Source)
Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:226)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:645)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:279)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:653)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:301)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:294)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:525)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:790)
        at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:961)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:807)
        at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:218)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:300)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:511)