axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Gregory G Carter <gcar...@aesgi.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Service
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:13:48 GMT
I guess I also have some more questions:

If I issue a request to an object on the AXIS server to query a remote
database, what do I do with large queries?  For example, if the query
set is large, I have to buffer it at the server before I send it off to
the client.

Is there a accepted best practice for handling large soap messages at
the client end logic?

What data type should I use for storing and forwarding the query?

Should I use a straight string, byte [] array...???

I am not too familair at the moment with what data types are best used
for SOAP messaging and the implications of those types on the size of
the messages.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks...

-gc