axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Perez Jorge <ape...@ignos.com>
Subject Re: axis client consuming an ejb service
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:34:24 GMT
Hi fabrizio,

  I believe your "object graph" is not so complex to get trouble in
serialization/deserialization.

  That's what I do to use EJB's for service providing (more or less):

  - develop your session bean.
  - build a deploy-YourSessionBean.wsdd file like this:

    <deployment ...>
     <service name="YourServiceName" provider="java:EJB" style="wrapped"
use="literal">
    <parameter name="beanJndiName" value="YourSessionBean"/>
    <!-- rest of ejb's params here (local/remote interfaces/home, etc.)-->
   </service>
   <typeMapping
        xmlns:ns="http://your.package.reversed"
        qname="ns:Trigger"
        type="java:your.package.Trigger"
        encodingStyle=""
      />
   <!-- here, typemappings of the rest of possible classes/beans used in
your web service parameters/return values object graph
          like Event, Parameter, ... -->
   </deployment>

   - deploy your session beans and axis servlet/web app.
   - deploy your web service using the .wsdd file above.
   - use Java2WSDL over the interface or implementation class of your
session bean, and specify Trigger, Event, Parameter,... as extra classes
(and also style wrapped/literal if you like that), namespace and
location.  You will get an .wsdl file you can use at the client side.
The important here is to include Trigger, Event, Parameter,... as extra
classes, to their wsdl definition will be included in the .wsdl file.

   I have used this to implement web services using session beans,
including .net clients (must use unqualified at .net client side).

   Hope this help you,

Adrian P.J.