axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS, JAI [AG-Contractor/1000]" <jai.tho...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Axis and .NET interop with dates
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:18:55 GMT
I think passing string representation along with a pattern would be more interoperable.
Almost all platforms support dates in string format and patterns are pretty much standard
too.
Passing long value may not be desirable due to differences in implementation.

Jai

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim K. (Gmane) [mailto:tkgmane+at@ugcs.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:03 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis and .NET interop with dates

So is there a way to make a Java Date/Calendar just interoperate with
the .NET DateTime type whithout any of the sides to make any
conversions? I understand that in .NET DateTime can be converted to a
long but it represents "the number of 100-nanosecond intervals that have
elapsed since 12:00 A.M., January 1, 0001"

Tim