axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Thomas" <paul.tho...@viajar.com>
Subject RE: Axis + Tomcat 400 Error
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:51:55 GMT
Mate, please forgive me for saying this, but thank god somebody else has

encountered the same problem. I thought it was my uncanny knack of
managing to break whatever release comes my way.
In my case, what I find curious is that the ant-task generates the wsdl
with out an error.
This is the ant task that I use:
	<target name = "_java2wsdl" depends="project">
        <axis-java2wsdl output    = "${gen.dir}/HouseHold.wsdl"
                        classname = "com.soapaxisapi.HouseholdReceiver"
                        namespace = "urn:HouseHold"
                        location  =
http://localhost:8080/household_ss2/published_services/HouseHold">
           <mapping namespace= "urn:HouseHold"
                    package  = "com.soapaxisapi" />
        </axis-java2wsdl>

        <copy
           todir="${web.root.services}" >
           <fileset dir      = "${gen.dir}"
                    includes = "**/*.wsdl" />
       </copy>
    </target>

The resulting Household.wsdl is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="urn:HouseHold"
xmlns:impl="urn:HouseHold" xmlns:intf="urn:HouseHold"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
<!--WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.2RC2
Built on Nov 16, 2004 (12:19:44 EST)-->

   <wsdl:message name="getAnswerRequest">

   </wsdl:message>

   <wsdl:message name="getAnswerResponse">

      <wsdl:part name="getAnswerReturn" type="xsd:string"/>

   </wsdl:message>

   <wsdl:portType name="HouseholdReceiver">

      <wsdl:operation name="getAnswer">

         <wsdl:input name="getAnswerRequest"
message="impl:getAnswerRequest"/>

         <wsdl:output name="getAnswerResponse"
message="impl:getAnswerResponse"/>

      </wsdl:operation>

   </wsdl:portType>

   <wsdl:binding name="HouseHoldSoapBinding"
type="impl:HouseholdReceiver">

      <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"

      <wsdl:operation name="getAnswer">

         <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>

         <wsdl:input name="getAnswerRequest">

            <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="urn:HouseHold"/>

         </wsdl:input>

         <wsdl:output name="getAnswerResponse">

            <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="urn:HouseHold"/>

         </wsdl:output>

      </wsdl:operation>

   </wsdl:binding>

   <wsdl:service name="HouseholdReceiverService">

      <wsdl:port name="HouseHold" binding="impl:HouseHoldSoapBinding">

         <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/household_ss2/published_services/HouseHo
ld"/>

      </wsdl:port>

   </wsdl:service>

</wsdl:definitions>

So, when I connect to the following address "
http://localhost:8080/household_ss2/published_services/HouseHold.wsdl",
the wsdl is definitely there. This is the address that appears in the
binding stub. Is this the correct address that the client should connect
to? Is that why I am getting a 404? I mean the ant task produces the
stubs and so on for me with no problem.

I've been knocking my head off a brick wall over this one. I mean
jws?wsdl just is not robust enough. Please can anybody help?

Paul Thomas