axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ketan Deshpande <deshpande_ke...@yahoo.com>
Subject Newbie question for Doc/literal web service using Axis
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 03:54:11 GMT
Hi all!

I am a newbie at this, so please be gentle...

I am trying to write a web service that is document-literal. I am
following the
example give in the Axis guide:
(I am using axis-1_2RC2)

1. Create an interface & Compile it to .class
public interface MyWebService {
  public String concatenate(String str1, String str2);
}
2. Generate WSDL from it:
java -classpath %MY_CLASSPATH% org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o
myws.doc.wsdl
-u LITERAL --style DOCUMENT -l%MY_LOCATION% -n "urn:MyWebServiceNS"
MyWebService

3. Now generate server code from it:
java -classpath %MY_CLASSPATH% org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -W -s -S
true -o
server.doc.generated myws.doc.wsdl

When I run this, I get a NullPointerException on the Server side, in
Axis code.

SOAPMonitor shows the client sending this message in the envelope:
<soapEnv:Body>
	<in0 xmlns="urn:MyWebServiceNS">A</in0>
	<in1 xmlns="urn:MyWebServiceNS">B</in1>
</soapEnv:Body>

When I looked into the server code, I saw that the server skeleton was
more
like RPC or Wrapped:
    public java.lang.String concatenate(java.lang.String in0,
java.lang.String
in1) throws java.rmi.RemoteException
    {
        java.lang.String ret = impl.concatenate(in0, in1);
        return ret;
    }

What am I doing wrong? Any pointers you can provide will be most
gratefully
appreciated.

Thanks much!

-Ketan