axis-java-user mailing list archives

From babloosony <babloos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS Authentication & Authorization
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:00:27 GMT
Hi Christian,

There are 3 types of WS Security according to WS Security
Specification. One is Authorization Token Mechanism(which is what you
need in your case), XML Encryption and XML Signatures.

Using Authorization Token, we can set the username and password in the
web service client program (may be java or .NET) and these info will
be transmitted in SOAP Message headers which later can be validated at
the web service provider side. Though I didnt work much on it this
mechanism is well supported in most IDE's like WSAD, JDeveloper,
JBuilder etc. where in you have wizards that just smoothly allow you
do this implementation.

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.