axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Same signature operations in WSDL
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:56:28 GMT
Assuming you are using RPC style, then these two operations do have
unique SOAP signatures, and therefore it is legitimate. In SOAP, the
signature of the message is defined by the QName of the child element
of the SOAP body. Since you have two different operation names, then
the signatures of these operations are intf:op1 and intf:op2.

The problem is that the Axis client runtime can't distinguish these
signatures in Java unless you use different objects in your
application. Hence Axis always interprets your invocation as op1.

Anne