axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stig Rasmussen" <pe...@mail.dk>
Subject How to deploy related classes?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:54:19 GMT
Hi there!

I have deployed a webservice which uses a related class for connecting to my
database, executing SQL and verifying the jdbc driver (DBManager.java). When
i try to verify my jdbc Driver using
Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver") on my host it all works fine and I
can retrieve any data from the database.

But after i deployed the webservice, when I try to verify the driver from my
client i get the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

I know it must have something to do with deploying the DBManager.class but I
don't know what. Since the client is not suppose to use the methods in
DBManager directly but rather through the webservice, i simply copied the
DBManager.class file to my axis\WEB-INF\classes directory instead of
deploying it using AdminClient - is this wrong?

Cheers,
Stig P.