axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ephemeris Lappis" <ephemeris.lap...@tiscali.fr>
Subject RE: building client stubs accessible by MIDlets using ksoap
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:29:34 GMT
I've been testing ksoap few months ago. I didn't use client stubs, but
instead the client uses dynamic invocation calls. This seems quite good if
the services are rather simple...
A new JSR, 172 if i'm right, add web services capabilities to the MIDP
platform. The last revision of the SUN's toolkit provides such an
implementation, and i think you can download it apart from another site
(Nokia ?). I've been testing it, and, from the MIDP point of view, it works
fine : you provide a WSDL descriptor and the tool generates the J2ME client
stubs. The last problem is AXIS ! Indeed, the JSR specifies that just the
document/literal style may be supported by J2ME clients, and AXIS server
fails running a very simple service using this style. I've open 2 bug
reports about these issues.
If you can do more than i did that way, thanks for giving us an echo...
Philippe Maseres
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : Stig Rasmussen [mailto:perez@mail.dk]
  Envoyé : lundi 21 février 2005 15:28
  À : Axis-User
  Objet : building client stubs accessible by MIDlets using ksoap

  Hi all,

  This question is somewhat related to J2ME, so I apologize if this thread
is not directly Axis specific.

  Obviously you can't use a stub generated by WSDL2Java on J2ME, bacause the
CLDC has done away with the entire java.io package from J2SE. So is there a
way to build a stub that will work on J2ME? For instance, the Sun One Studio
IDE supports this, but I'd like to know if there is a way to use WSDL2Java
instead?

  It's a very open question I know, but any help is well appreciated;
newsgroups, articles, tutorial - pretty much everything :-)

  /Stig P.