axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lam, King" <King....@bankofamerica.com>
Subject RE: Basic configurations with WSDL2Java generated
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:30:06 GMT
http://ws.apache.org/axis/faq.html#faq17
How do I set a timeout when using WSDL2Java stubs?

    There is a setTimeout method on the org.apache.axis.client.Stub class, which is the class
all emitted stubs extend.

    Here is how to set the timeout given a service named Foo:

 FooServiceLocator loc = new FooServiceLocator();
 FooService binding = loc.getFooService();
 org.apache.axis.client.Stub s = (Stub) binding;
 s.setTimeout(1000);  // 1 second, in miliseconds

    The default timeout in Axis 1.1 and later is 60 seconds. Axis 1.0 did not have a default
timeout (i.e. it defaulted to 0). This timeout value is set on the HTTP socket and is not
a connection timeout, which requires implementation we do not have as of Axis 1.1.

-----Original Message-----
From: uri@prosherman.com [mailto:uri@prosherman.com]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 3:04 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Basic configurations with WSDL2Java generated

Hi,
I am using axis to code a soap client, a very simple one.
I used WSDL2Java so I actually wrote no code.
My app is on a web server, so obviously it's multithreaded.
I have a few issues I am not sure of -

*	To what "level" are the generated classes thread safe? Do I need to obtain
a new "Port" object every time?
	Or can I just cache and use the same one from multiple threads?

* 	Does axis provide some kind of pooling on the underleying connections
used by the generated classes?
	Is it configurable (max, min) in any way?

*	How can I configure things such as connect timeouts and socket timeouts?

Any help would be highly appreciated....